- This event has passed.
Introduction to Machine Sewing
Level 1 – Adults
January 18, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$55
If you are new to sewing or getting back into it, this class is sure to spark your love of sewing. You will learn all the sewing basics while making a pillow with an envelope enclosure. After this class you will have enough knowledge to move onto Introduction to Machine Sewing – Level 2.
Techniques taught during the class:
- Anatomy of a sewing machine
- Threading a sewing machine
- Winding a bobbin
- Thread selection and tension
- Cutting fabric according to pattern instructions
- Sewing in a straight line and pivoting around corners
- Finishing seam allowances
Price: $55 (all materials are included except for the pillow insert)
4 spaces available
Due to the small class sizes, refunds are not available. We understand things happen though, cancellations made within 2 days of the class will be issued a credit to apply toward a future class.